Dallas Octavia Logan 361-548-7003 and Liz Wally
(Dallas, Ellis, Kaufman, Rockwall Counties)
Octavia's 6-point plan
- Volunteer Deputy Registrar: We need volunteers to help register voters.
- Voter Registration / Voter education: The voter education curriculum has been written in cooperation with the Dallas Peace Center and Texas Coalition of Racial Justice. The curriculum is available in English and Spanish. There is some training involved. You will be helping people with the new Voter ID requirements like obtaining a DPS ID if needed. Some voter information found here.
- Representative Visiting: We need to build groups that will be talking with legislators. We have already mapped out the districts of state and national legislators. You are more than welcomed to visit your legislators on your own. I do! Just let us know the outcome of your conversation.
- Resolution Building: If you feel that your skills and talents would be better served working on writing resolutions please contact me ASAP. A resolution is something that we can give to those who are going to talk with their local officials.
- Civic Education: Working with like-minded organizations, we can educate people about corporate personhood and encourage them to sign our petitions. Our goal is to build voter support – educate them on how financing candidate campaigns and elections work now; make them aware of the issues so when they vote they are able to make more informed decisions.
- The Colleges: We are hitting the colleges hard this year. Our new college liaison, Dennis Fiveash, is on the Tarrant County Community College Southeast campus. I am located at the Dallas County Community College, Eastfield College campus. We have contacts at most of the universities and colleges in the Dallas metropolitan area.